At Rosemont our mission is to improve the health, quality of life and wellbeing of vulnerable patients through the development, manufacture and supply of high-quality prescription oral liquid medicines.
Rosemont was established in 1967 by two Pharmacists in response to the lack of liquid medicines available for their patients who couldn’t swallow tablets or capsules, we have since continued to bring liquid medicines to market and advocate support for vulnerable patients with swallowing difficulties. In 1974, our first liquid medicine was granted a license from the MHRA, we have subsequently continued our commitment to research and development, developing more medicines in a liquid format, to support both healthcare professionals and their patients.
Rosemont now has over 50 years of expertise in the development, manufacture and distribution of oral liquid medicines. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing site in Leeds (West Yorkshire, UK) has had significant investment and seen considerable expansion over the years and we now produce over 4 million bottles of liquid medicine every year. The commitment to ensuring we have the latest technologies within our production and warehousing facilities serves to enhance our capabilities and capacity. We will continue to adapt and remain flexible to ensure that we meet the needs of the NHS, healthcare professions and the patients they care for.
Our ambition has always been to support both patients with swallowing difficulties and the healthcare professionals who care for them. We are highly respected in the industry and have been instrumental in establishing best practice for the care of patients with swallowing difficulties. Rosemont advocate the use of liquid medication over manipulating solid dose medications and we have a range of educational materials designed for healthcare professionals which focuses on key patient groups and their medication management challenges.
At Rosemont we have a portfolio of over 130 oral liquid medicines across a range of therapeutic areas including 70 licensed products. All of our products, both licensed and ‘specials’ are made to the same exacting standards under GMP. Our UK range also includes 9 products licensed for use with PEG/NG tubes. We are always seeking to expand our range of medicines and covert our ‘specials’ to licensed product wherever possible.
For more information about Rosemont Pharmaceuticals, please view our corporate brochure:
Our Core Values
- Quality: We are committed to the pursuit of excellence in everything that we do. All our medicines- both licensed and specials are batch manufactured in compliance with good manufacturing practice (GMP)
- Innovation: We listen to our customers and respond to their needs through a continual programme of new product development of both licensed and 'specials' liquid medicines. We support education through an innovative range of resources for healthcare professionals and patients.
- Integrity: We have an open and ethical approach to our business practices. Published price lists are available for both UK licensed and 'special' medicines. We believe that transparency is key to building the trust of our stakeholders.
- Responsibility: We take our responsibility seriously and put this commitment at the core of everything that we do. For example, we offer a 24 hour help line for healthcare professionals and respond to our customers quickly and efficiently.
- Extensive product range- liquid medicines for many therapeutic areas including cardiovascular, endocrine, central nervous system, gastro-intestinal and musculo-skeletal.
- Exceptional product quality- we produce all our medicines to the same exacting GMP standards, so whether they are licensed products or 'specials' so the quality will be exceptional.
- Reliable delivery- delivery within 48 hours in over 99% of orders and within 24 hours is available on request.
- Outstanding customer service- dedicated and knowledgeable customer service team who provide expert support for our customers.
- Proven shelf life- licensed and 'specials' usually have a minimum of 9month shelf life with proven stability data available.
- Educational resources- a wide range of resources designed to help healthcare professionals deliver the best possible care.
- Healthcare professional advice service- 24 hour professional advice line available 365 days a year on 0113 244 1400
The charities that we are currently supporting are:
- Macmillan Cancer Care
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance