QC Team Leader – Stability
Roles and Responsibilities
• Direct team members towards achieving daily and long-term business goals. Effectively monitor and manage progress and performance and provide timely feedback to the relevant teams and team members.
• Review and approval of analytical data generated within QC & QCP once trained
• Perform laboratory testing/Materials inspection where required & Artwork generation
• Pro-actively lead operations and processes to ensure quality standards are met, e.g. GMP / GLP / H&S.
• Drive compliance to MHRA, FDA, Regulatory and Company requirements / standards.
• Ensure effective and timely delivery of business metrics and reviews.
• Participate in problems-solving and continuous improvement initiatives across all functions within QC & QCP / Business including lean related thinking (5S principals, elimination of waste, streamlining operations with no impact on quality).
• Provide relevant solutions and proposals to facilitate any decision-making processes.
• Foster trusting and collaborative relationships with internal customers to gain perspective and effectiveness when dealing with operational issues.
• Supports efforts to ensure compliance with health and Safety requirements.
• Leads team performance and objectives to ensure that the QC/QCP department achieve objectives on Quality, Cost, Safety, Delivery and Business goals / aims –
Manage the performance of team members to include:
• Writing / producing and delivering performance appraisals within company timescales
• Provide positive recognition when warranted
• Liaising with Human Resources to ensure consistency in administration and compliance with company policies
• Focusing on developing team members and those targeted for succession planning
• Coach, mentor and develop team members to encourage and support a high-performance work culture
• Ensure all employees are provided with the proper training and evidence-based development program in order to carry out their duties/role to a competent level on a consistent basis
• Effectively managing testing schedule irrespective of employee attendance, holidays
• Co-ordinate testing/ inspection plans to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met to agreed/required standards
• Support all site NPD activities to ensure data is generated and reported timely for pipeline growth or Origination of artwork is completed to project timeline.
• Drives efficiency, performance and compliance to regulatory and business standards through effective planning and investigation of Quality events
• Reports team’s monthly performance KPIs
• Ensures all analysts are trained and supported to deliver effective performance
• Undertakes such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time to support the department and business activities.
• Acknowledge responsibility to ensure an effective Quality Management System in order to achieve Quality Objectives.